Warning: You may want to ask these questions individually - one at a time, not in rapid fire succession. It has been proven that if we ask a middle school student too many questions back to back...they get confused and start saying "Uhh..I don't know."
Top 10 Things to Ask Your Middle School Student During Thanksgiving Break 2012
10. Can you recite the Worley Tiger Pledge for me?
9. Do you remember your locker number and combination?
8. What’s your favorite class? Why do you like that one?
7. Do you need lunch money added to your account in the cafeteria?
6. Did you want to purchase a yearbook? Do you know which teacher to talk to about ordering the yearbook? (Divona Phillips, Yearbook Sponsor)
5. What’s the name of the last book you checked out of the Worley Library? Did you know that you could go into the library each morning at 8:15 am to use the computers or work on homework? (Must see Mrs. Foulk the day before for a hall pass)
4. How were those Common Assessments last week? How do you feel you did? Were there any tough questions that stumped you?
3. Have you tried to log in to Skyward Student Access yet? Show me that you can.
2. Are there any assignments in your binder, in your backpack, under your bed, on the kitchen table, under your XBOX or in your locker that need to be turned in for a grade?
Good luck with these questions! If your student starts to get confused by all your questions, step away from the student and offer them some food. After an hour, you should be able to ask them another question.
Enjoy the holiday break!